We will be talking with Tia Matthews, a member of Victory Life Center Church. Tia has been clean & sober for two years after being an alcoholic and drug addict for many years. Once Tia made a true decision to no longer use alcohol, drugs, cigarettes, or go to men for love and acceptance, her life dramatically changed. This does not mean it has not been hard for her at times. As a single mother of two children life can be very challenging. However, there are principles that Tia has learned that have given her the strength to walk in victory over her addictions. Some of those principles were taught at the Encounter with God Retreat that she attended two years ago.Tia will be sharing how the Encounter with God Retreat started her on a successful road of recovery.
An Encounter with God Retreat is designed for you to have an encounter with God. It is an excellent weekend for those who are struggling with various issues in their life, but appropriate for anyone who is wanting to get closer to God. During the Encounter you will receive Bible based teachings centered on what was accomplished for you because of Jesus dying on the cross and being resurrected. You will have time to reflect and evaluate your relationship with Jesus without having any distraction, while finding purpose and destiny for your future.
Some of the topics covered during the Encounter are:
- Prodigal Son Story, Theme-God loves us in spite of what we have done
- Face to Face, Theme-All of us have wrestled with God, will we finally let him win in our lives?
- The Cross, Theme-What Jesus did for us
We will be talking about these four topics with Tia:
- Godly Sexuality, Theme-God's best plan for relationships
- Inner Healing/Forgiveness, Theme-At some point we must forgive others and ourself
- Closing Open Doors, Theme-Willful sin and rebellion to wards God's principles can bring destruction in our life
- Breaking Every Curse, Theme-There can be generational and other curses in our life that need to be broken
- Baptism of the Holy Spirit, Theme-For those who are Christians there is power available to walk in victory
You may not be able to attend an Encounter with God Retreat, but this show will give you insights that will be helpful to you. We can also provide material for you no matter where you may live.